How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Squares:
This yummy recipe was adapted from food.com. I halved the recipe and added chocolate to the top! I also used dark chocolate instead of all semi-sweet chocolate.
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter (has to be chunky!)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate (use a bar of good dark chocolate and chop into chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to creamed butter/sugar mixture.
- Combine ½ cup of semisweet chocolate and ½ cup dark chocolate chips.
- Add batter to ungreased 9×9 baking dish. Spread batter evenly and press with spoon to make a nice even layer.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes. Do not overcook!
- Allow the dish to cool overnight at room temperature to set
- Cut into squares and eat!